Our story

Late June 2008, my husband and I found out we were expecting triplets! We were thrilled and began to dream instantly how our lives would unfold with our growing family. Unfortunately, the pregnancy was a very hard pregnancy and I was put on bedrest almost immediately. I carried our babies until November 2008. I delivered two beautiful boys and a girl. Our daughter, Paige, left us on the day of her birth to join her maker, and our son, Patrick, followed two days later. Our hearts ached and still ache beyond comprehension, but we have a miracle, Peyton that endured an extensive NICU stay and is now home and doing wonderful. I created this blog to share Peyton's journey.

Peyton's Delicate Beginning

Peyton's Delicate Beginning

The Earlier "wire" days

Praying for Peyton

My husband, John, works at a local TV station where Ken Malloy, a week night anchor and friend, wrote of Peyton's story. During the initial days of shock and disbelief, Ken delicately wrote our story. The fist time we read his blog, we cried as we relived all that we just endured. His recollection of all the events was very therapuetic and embraced Peyton's miraculous strength and progress. The link below was the first part pf Peyton's story.
http://community.cbs47.tv/blogs/kenmalloy/archive/2008/12/08/3614291.aspx

Peyton's Homecoming

After an almost four month stay in the NICU at Children's Hospital of Central California, Peyton came home. Channel 47 followed Peyton home.
http://www.cbs47.tv/news/local/story/Peyton-Goes-Home/F96vb1KOs0mvnAVuwrj4mw.cspx

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday Morning




When you have a little one, you can't take anything for granted and everything needs planning. Finding the opportunity to take a quick shower is even hard! I have to make sure it is between feedings, naps, and even my pumpings! And then, of course, I have to bring Peyton into my bathroom on his bouncer and peek every few minutes to see what he's doing. Today, I was going to take a quick shower when Brother Andrew, decided he wanted to babysit. He persuaded me that he could watch Peyton while I took my shower. At first I said no, but then after Andrew insisted he could do it and I could trust him, I relented and said, "Ok, but call me if he spits up or becomes upset." Andrew promised and I raced off for my shower. When I came back, I laughed so hard. Andrew had Peyton set up to play Play Station 2. He had a controller on his bouncer and faced toward the T.V. Andrew even gave him a book about trucks if he got bored. Andrew planned to have Peyton "play" while he made his bed. I think the funniest thing, was Peyton was so happy to be there with Andrew and kept smiling. What was I even worried about? :)


3 comments:

  1. Too precious. That's what big brothers are for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laugh so hard, Andrew is such a good brother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew, Mommy's story made me laugh. I knew you were going to be a great big brother for Peyton. I am always amazed by your thoughtfulness. Peyton is truly blessed and so is mommy. Keep it up my precious grandson.

    ReplyDelete