Our story

Late June 2008, my husband and I found out we were expecting triplets! We were thrilled and began to dream instantly how our lives would unfold with our growing family. Unfortunately, the pregnancy was a very hard pregnancy and I was put on bedrest almost immediately. I carried our babies until November 2008. I delivered two beautiful boys and a girl. Our daughter, Paige, left us on the day of her birth to join her maker, and our son, Patrick, followed two days later. Our hearts ached and still ache beyond comprehension, but we have a miracle, Peyton that endured an extensive NICU stay and is now home and doing wonderful. I created this blog to share Peyton's journey.

Peyton's Delicate Beginning

Peyton's Delicate Beginning

The Earlier "wire" days

Praying for Peyton

My husband, John, works at a local TV station where Ken Malloy, a week night anchor and friend, wrote of Peyton's story. During the initial days of shock and disbelief, Ken delicately wrote our story. The fist time we read his blog, we cried as we relived all that we just endured. His recollection of all the events was very therapuetic and embraced Peyton's miraculous strength and progress. The link below was the first part pf Peyton's story.
http://community.cbs47.tv/blogs/kenmalloy/archive/2008/12/08/3614291.aspx

Peyton's Homecoming

After an almost four month stay in the NICU at Children's Hospital of Central California, Peyton came home. Channel 47 followed Peyton home.
http://www.cbs47.tv/news/local/story/Peyton-Goes-Home/F96vb1KOs0mvnAVuwrj4mw.cspx

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Peyton's Baptism




We baptized our handsome son yesterday, June 13, 2009. This has been a long day in planning. I was so happy with how everything turned out. Peyton looked quite stunning in his baptismal outfit, not that I'm partial! :) Peyton was baptized with two others at Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Clovis, the church I grew up in. He behaved very well and even smiled when water was poured over his head. I have a sneaky suspicion that our little boy knew what was going on!


Following the baptism, we had a luncheon at my parent's home. The display of food looked wonderful. I normally can make up my mind fairly quickly about details, but I was not the same person in planning for this celebration. I kept calling around different restaurants to cater our event and eventually settled on a menu comprised of a little bit of everything. It came together perfectly!


Peyton's baptism was a day of celebrating his birth, graduating from the NICU, and being formally introduced to the Christian community. It was all wrapped up into one event. I remember planning way back in the earlier NICU days that we would have a baptism 3 months after he came home. I wanted this to be the event that would say, HERE IS OUR SON, WELCOME BABY PEYTON. And indeed, that was what the day turned out to be.




(I only have a few picture of the event so far. I'll have to get the other ones later. Cousin Kim is the photographer of the family and I can't wait to see what she was able to capture!)

1 comment:

  1. Indeed this was a beautiful celebration! It was a celebration of life. A rather big accomplishment for this little fellow. I give thanks to our Almighty Father for granting us the opportunity to witness Peyton's baptism. He looked so handsome but then, who would argue with Grandma.

    ReplyDelete